The legal issues encountered by school districts in best serving the special needs of students with disabilities is one of the most complex and rapidly evolving areas of law.
Mickes O’Toole, LLC Special Education Law Group attorneys assist school districts in complying with the substantive and procedural requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the application of the Family Educational Records Protection Act to the educational records of special education students. Its education law attorneys have extensive experience in resolving disputes between school districts and parents of disabled students under both IDEA and Section 504. Numerous judicial decisions favorable to schools have been based on the work of this practice group.
Mickes O’Toole, LLC provides counsel with one of the most experienced, highly recognized and largest legal teams that focuses in this area of the law. The firm serves nearly 300 school districts in special education. Moreover, school law attorneys in this practice group present numerous seminars and are frequently in demand to speak at conferences and seminars by educational organizations.
Specified Areas Concerning Special Eduation
Some of the specific special education legal needs served by this team include:
- General Counsel to School Districts Concerning Procedural Requirements of Various Law Governing Special Education
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) Meetings
- Section 504 of the American With Disabilities Act
- Training Administrators, Teachers, School Psychologists and Nurses
- Preparation of School Policies
- Eligibility Meetings
- Due Process Administrative Hearings and Resolution
- Appeals of Due Process to Federal Courts
- Responding to Office of Civil Rights investigations
Our team of professionals welcomes
the opportunity to serve your needs.
Education Law Group