Rebecca L. James
Areas of Practice:
Rebecca James practices in the areas of labor and employment and education law, which includes defending employers and school districts for claims brought under the ADA, EEOC, MCHR, FLSA, and the Missouri Sunshine Law. Rebecca proactively counsels businesses and school districts regarding employee concerns, benefits, and union negotiations. Rebecca drafts and assists in negotiations for complex contracts on behalf of employers and school districts.
Rebecca’s practice also includes commercial and civil litigation. Rebecca has experience in motion drafting, discovery, legal research, and advocating on behalf of clients at hearings.
Prior to law school, Rebecca worked for many years in human resources and retail banking. During this time, she worked extensively in management, employee benefits, and creating and conducting organizational training.
Rebecca graduated from Saint Louis University School of Law where she earned a concentration in Employment Law. Rebecca received Academic Excellence Awards for both Alternative Dispute Resolution and E-Discovery. Rebecca served as the Editor-in-Chief of the ABA Journal for Labor and Employment Law and was the Vice-President of the Employment Law Association. Rebecca participated in Trial Advocacy and the Human Rights at Home Clinic, where she successfully represented a client who was released after over twenty years in prison.
- Drury University – English Literature, B.S.
- Saint Louis University – School of Law, J.D.
- Editor in Chief, ABA Journal of Labor and Employment Law
- William C. Wefel Concentration in Employment Law
- Academic Excellence Awards:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Bar & Court Admissions
- Missouri Bar
- Western District of Missouri
- Eastern District of Missouri
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- The American Bar Association